I’m Imogen Ward and I lead AAW’s People and Organisational Development Practice.
When AAW was created just over two years ago, Tobin, Mark and I wanted to be sure that we were adding value to a pretty crowded field in consultancy and search services.
The three of us have all been either CEOs or Fundraising and Communications Directors and we wanted our new company to provide the sort of service that we had yearned for when we were running not for profit organisations.
Meet My Team
AAW’s search consultants specialise in the global and UK charity sectors as well as corporate cross-over candidates.
Lead on AAW’s Global Strategy Practice, but as a former Director of Fundraising and Communications and a Trustee for several top 100 charities, Tobin is an essential part of our Search offer. Tobin adds depth to both the search itself as well as the strategic insight that is needed for every campaign.
Director of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Virtual Fundraising Hub and lead on AAW’s Interim service. Mark is also a key part of the AAW Search team as his extensive networks across the charity sector - particularly with CEOs, Chairs of Boards and important statutory institutions - provides our clients with unique access and insight.
AAW’s Client Services Manager. Ranked as top consultant at Brook Street and the highest performing consultant at CF Appointment NFP division.
Ex Save the Children’s in-house recruiter and Marie Stopes International Recruitment Business Partner sourcing candidates and managing recruitment for global campaigns.
Ex Divisional Director, Harris Hill. Established Charity Recruitment function primarily recruiting for head and Director-level position at Next Employment. At AAW, Anton specialises in preparing candidates for interview, primarily at the Director level, incorporating coaching and a face to face mock interviews.
Leader in field of executive recruitment and our specialist in the commercial sector.
Here is a selection of successful campaigns over the past 18 months:
- Barnardo’s, Director of Fundraising
- Battersea Cats & Dogs Home, Director of Fundraising
- Beatson Cancer Charity, Director of Philanthropy
- Blue Cross, Group Head of Fundraising & Group Head of Marketing & Communications
- Clic-Sargent, Assistant Director of Individual Giving & Insight
- Disasters Emergency Committee, Director of Marketing & Fundraising
- Global Canopy Programme, Director of Development
- Goodenough College, Philanthropy Manager
- Greenwich & Bexley Hospice, Director of Income Generation
- Mencap, Deputy Fundraising Director, Relationships
- National Children’s Bureau, Head of Fundraising
- NSPCC, Head of Philanthropy
- The Poppy Factory, Director of Fundraising
- Prostate Cancer UK, Associate Director of Fundraising
- Refuge, Director of Fundraising
- The Royal Star & Garter Homes, Director of Supporter Engagement
- RSPCA, Director of Income Generation
- RSPCA, Assistant Director of High Value
- The Samaritans, Director of Fundraising
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance, Director of Fundraising